Visual Studio 2019 Tricks and Techniques
- Paperback: 386 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (January 15, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1800203527
- ISBN-13: 978-1800203525
Visual Studio 2019 Tricks and Techniques: Harness the full power of the Visual Studio IDE to take your coding skills to the next level by learning about IDE productivity practices and exclusive techniques
Visual Studio 2019 (VS 2019) and Visual Studio Code (VS Code) are powerful professional development tools that help you to develop applications for any platform with ease. Whether you want to create web, mobile, or desktop applications, Microsoft Visual Studio is your one-stop solution. This book demonstrates some of the most sophisticated capabilities of the tooling and shows you how to use the integrated development environment (IDE) more efficiently to be more productive.
You’ll begin by gradually building on concepts, starting with the basics. The introductory chapters cover shortcuts, snippets, and numerous optimization tricks, along with debugging techniques, source control integration, and other important IDE features that will help you make your time more productive. With that groundwork in place, more advanced concepts such as the inner workings of project and item templates are covered. You will also learn how to write quality, secure code more efficiently as well as discover how certain Visual Studio features work ‘under the hood’.
- Understand the similarities and differences between Visual Studio 2019 (VS 2019) and Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
- Get to grips with numerous keyboard shortcuts to improve efficiency
- Discover IDE tips and tricks that make it easier to write code
- Experiment with code snippets that make it easier to write repeating code patterns
- Find out how to customize project and item templates with the help of hands-on exercises
- Use Visual Studio extensions for ease and improved productivity
- Delve into Visual Studio’s behind the scene operations
By the end of this Visual Studio 2019 Tricks and Techniques book, you’ll have learned how to write more secure code faster than ever using your knowledge of the extensions and processes that make developing successful solutions more enjoyable and repeatable.