Unreal Engine Virtual Reality Quick Start Guide
- Paperback: 178 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 27, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789617405
- ISBN-13: 978-1789617405
Unreal Engine Virtual Reality Quick Start Guide: Unreal Engine 4 for virtual reality game design, development, User Experience design techniques and Blueprint programming to create virtual reality gameplay for HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, PSVR, and Windows Mixed Reality headsets
With the ability to put players directly in the game, virtual reality gives users the chance to experience digital worlds directly. Nevertheless, many designers are unsure where to start when working with this amazing technology.
With this book, you will learn user experience design processes and create immersive gameplay experiences designed for entertainment and player comfort. Using the power of Unreal Engine 4’s Blueprint visual scripting language, you will build player interaction and locomotion systems from scratch and use these ﬂexible systems to create a sample game, as well as develop functional 2D and 3D user interfaces for players to interact with. And also learn the best practices for creating game art for virtual reality. Finally, you will learn how to test your application with your target audience and finalize your game for distribution.
- Understand how to get started with VR development in Unreal Engine 4
- Design and create interaction and locomotion systems from scratch
- Plan and program a sample game for VR
- Understand how VR affects user experience and user interfaces
- Discuss what is needed to create optimized art for VR
- Test your game with users and prepare for distribution
By the end of this Unreal Engine Virtual Reality Quick Start Guide book, you will have the knowledge to be able to make the leap from traditional game development to creating immersive virtual reality experiences using Unreal Engine 4.