Unreal Engine 5 Character Creation, Animation, and Cinematics
- Paperback: 608 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (June 30, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1801812446
- ISBN-13: 978-1801812443
Unreal Engine 5 Character Creation, Animation, and Cinematics: Get to grips with the base workflow and create your own cinematic scenes in UE5 by learning to develop the main elements, animate, and combine them into a complete rendered movie scene with the help of key images printed in color
Unreal Engine 5 (UE5) offers beginners and seasoned professionals the ability to create detailed movie scenes with realistic human characters using MetaHuman and combine it with custom props and environments. It also comes with built-in industry standard animation tools to develop such scenes in a fraction of the time compared to old methods. This book takes you through the entire 3D movie production pipeline using free (open source) software.
By following the step-by-step, beginner-friendly tutorials in this book, you’ll learn how to create your own custom 3D assets in Blender and texture these 3D assets in Quixel Mixer. Next, you’ll take these completed 3D assets into Unreal Engine 5 and use them to build a virtual 3D movie set for your 3D movie. You’ll also populate your 3D movie set by using Quixel MegaScans assets and create and customize your own photorealistic human character using MetaHuman Creator and UE5. As you advance, you’ll discover how to rig, skin, and animate these 3D assets and characters using Blender and UE5’s new Control Rig. Finally, you’ll explore the process of setting up your movie cameras and animation sequences and rendering your 3D movie using UE5’s Sequencer.
- Create, customize, and use a MetaHuman in a cinematic scene in UE5
- Model and texture custom 3D assets for your movie using Blender and Quixel Mixer
- Use Nanite with Quixel Megascans assets to build 3D movie sets
- Rig and animate characters and 3D assets inside UE5 using Control Rig tools
- Combine your 3D assets in Sequencer, include the final effects, and render out a high-quality movie scene
- Light your 3D movie set using Lumen lighting in UE5
By the end of this Unreal Engine 5 Character Creation, Animation, and Cinematics book, you’ll have learned how to combine different elements in UE5 to make your own movies and cinematics.