The New Engineering Game
- Paperback: 130 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (August 30, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1839214943
- ISBN-13: 978-1839214943
The New Engineering Game: Adapt to a world of digitalization and get ready to become a successful player in the new engineering game
Organizations today face an increasingly complex and dynamic environment, whatever their market. This change requires new systems that are built on the foundation of a new kind of engineering and thinking. The New Engineering Game closes the gap between high-level reflections about digitalization and daily engineering methods and tools.
The book begins by describing the first three industrial revolutions and their consequences, and by predicting the fourth industrial revolution. Considering the fourth industrial revolution, it explains the need for a new kind of engineering. The later chapters of the book provide valuable principles, patterns, methods, and tools that engineering organizations can learn and use to succeed on the playfield of digitalization.
- Deal with the challenges of Conway’s Law
- Explore domains from different viewpoints with the Cynefin framework
- Use the Business Model Canvas (BMC) to view your business model in one chart
- Use the Business Model Navigator (BMN) to elaborate your business model
- Get an overview of REThink 4.0
- Discover how to apply the principles of the Agile Manifesto for Software Development in your projects
By the end of the The New Engineering Game book, you’ll have all the information you need to understand the various concepts to take your first steps towards the world of digitalization.