Tableau Prep: Up & Running
- Paperback: 466 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (September 29, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1492079626
- ISBN-13: 978-1492079620
Tableau Prep: Up & Running: Self-Service Data Preparation for Better Analysis
For self-service data preparation, Tableau Prep is relatively easy to use as long as you know how to clean and organize your datasets. Carl Allchin, from The Information Lab in London, gets you up to speed on Tableau Prep through a series of practical lessons that include methods for preparing, cleaning, automating, organizing, and outputting your datasets.
- Know what to look for when you prepare data
- Learn which Tableau Prep functions to use when working with data fields
- Analyze the shape and profile of your dataset
- Output data for analysis and learn how Tableau Prep automates your workflow
- Learn how to clean your dataset using Tableau Prep functions
- Explore ways to use Tableau Prep techniques in real-world scenarios
- Make your data available to others by managing and documenting the output
Based on Allchin’s popular blog, Preppin’ Data, this Tableau Prep: Up & Running practical guide takes you step-by-step through Tableau Prep’s fundamentals. Self-service data preparation reduces the time it takes to complete data projects and improves the quality of your analyses. Discover how Tableau Prep helps you access your data and turn it into valuable information.