Server-Side Swift with Vapor: Building Web APIs and Web Apps in Swift, 3rd Edition
- Paperback: 646 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (June 15, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 195032527X
- ISBN-13: 978-1950325276
Server-Side Swift with Vapor: Building Web APIs and Web Apps in Swift, 3rd Edition: Up to date for iOS 14, Swift 5.3 & Vapor 4
Learn how to build web apps and web APIs using Swift and the Vapor 4 Framework! Server-Side Swift with Vapor, 3rd Edition introduces you to the world of server development with the added bonus of using Swift. You’ll learn how to build APIs, web sites, databases, application servers and use off site hosting solutions such as Heroku and AWS. You’ll use many of Vapor’s modules such as Fluent, Vapor’s ORM, and Leaf, the templating engine for building web pages.
If you’re a beginner to web development, but have worked with Swift for some time, you’ll find it’s easy to create robust, fully featured web apps and web APIs with Vapor 4 Framework.
Whether you’re looking to create a backend for your iOS app, or want to create fully-featured web apps, Vapor is the perfect platform for you.
Topics Covered in Server-Side Swift with Vapor: Building Web APIs and Web Apps in Swift, 3rd Edition:
- HTTP: Learn the basics of how to make requests to and from servers.
- Fluent: Learn how to use Fluent to save and manage your models in databases.
- Controllers: Learn how to use controllers to route your requests and responses.
- Leaf: Learn how Vapor’s Leaf module and its templating language allow you to build dynamic web sites directly.
- Middleware: Learn how built-in Vapor modules can assist with common tasks such as validating users, settings required response headers, serving static files and more.
One thing you can count on: After reading this book, you’ll be prepared to write your own server-side applications using Vapor and, of course, Swift.
This Server-Side Swift with Vapor, 3rd Edition book starts with the basics of web development and introduces the basics of Vapor; it then walks you through creating APIs and web backends; creating and configuring databases; deploying to Heroku, AWS, or Docker; testing your creations and more!
[ Exclusive Offer! Order Everyday Goggles Protective Eyewear Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]