React Native Cookbook – Second Edition
- Paperback: 618 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (January 31, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1788991923
- ISBN-13: 978-1788991926
React Native Cookbook, 2nd Edition: Improve your React Native mobile development skills or transition from web development to mobile development with this practical solution-packed guide
If you are a developer looking to create mobile applications with maximized code reusability and minimized cost, then React Native is here to help. With this practical guide, you will be able to build attractive UIs, tackle common mobile development-related issues, and achieve improved performance in mobile environments.
This book starts with common techniques for React Native customization and helps you set up your development platforms. Over the course of the book, a wide variety of step-by-step recipes are designed with both built-in React Native and custom third-party components that you will create, style, and animate. You will create real-world browser-based authentication, build a fully functional audio player, and integrate with Google maps. You will also explore different strategies for working with data, including leveraging the popular Redux library and optimizing your app’s dataflow. You will then get an introduction to writing native device functionality for new and already existing native projects.
What You Will Learn
- Build UI features and components using React Native
- Create advanced animations for UI components
- Develop universal apps that run on phones and tablets
- Leverage Redux to manage application flow and data
- Expose both custom native UI components and application logic to React Native
- Employ open-source third-party plugins to create React Native apps more efficiently
Finally, you will learn how app deployment works, and tips and tricks for writing performant code. By the end of the React Native Cookbook, Second Edition book, you’ll have gained enough knowledge to build full iOS and Android applications using React Native.