Mastering Apex Programming
- Paperback: 368 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 20, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1800200927
- ISBN-13: 978-1800200920
As applications built on the Salesforce platform are now a key part of many organizations, developers are shifting focus to Apex, Salesforce’s proprietary programming language. As a Salesforce developer, it is important to understand the range of tools at your disposal, how and when to use them, and best practices for working with Apex. Mastering Apex Programming will help you explore the advanced features of Apex programming and guide you in delivering robust solutions that scale.
This book starts by taking you through common Apex mistakes, debugging, exception handling, and testing. You’ll then discover different asynchronous Apex programming options and develop custom Apex REST web services. The book shows you how to define and utilize Batch Apex, Queueable Apex, and Scheduled Apex using common scenarios before teaching you how to define, publish, and consume platform events and RESTful endpoints with Apex. Finally, you’ll learn how to profile and improve the performance of your Apex application, including architecture trade-offs.
- Understand common coding mistakes in Apex and how to avoid them using best practices
- Find out how to debug a Salesforce Apex application effectively
- Explore different asynchronous Apex options and their common use cases
- Discover tips to work effectively with platform events
- Develop custom Apex REST services to allow inbound integrations
- Build complex logic and processes on the Salesforce platform
With code examples used to facilitate discussion throughout, by the end of the Mastering Apex Programming book, you’ll have developed the skills needed to build robust and scalable applications in Apex.