Machine Learning with R – Third Edition
- Paperback: 458 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 15, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1788295862
- ISBN-13: 978-1788295864
Machine Learning with R, 3rd Edition: Solve real-world data problems with R and machine learning: Updated and improved for R 3.5 and beyond
Machine learning, at its core, is concerned with transforming data into actionable knowledge. R offers a powerful set of machine learning methods to quickly and easily gain insight from your data.
Machine Learning with R, Third Edition provides a hands-on, readable guide to applying machine learning to real-world problems. Whether you are an experienced R user or new to the language, Brett Lantz teaches you everything you need to uncover key insights, make new predictions, and visualize your findings.
- Discover the origins of machine learning and how exactly a computer learns by example
- Prepare your data for machine learning work with the R programming language
- Classify important outcomes using nearest neighbor and Bayesian methods
- Predict future events using decision trees, rules, and support vector machines
- Forecast numeric data and estimate financial values using regression methods
- Model complex processes with artificial neural networks – the basis of deep learning
- Avoid bias in machine learning models
- Evaluate your models and improve their performance
- Connect R to SQL databases and emerging big data technologies such as Spark, H2O, and TensorFlow
This new 3rd edition updates the classic R data science book with newer and better libraries, advice on ethical and bias issues in machine learning, and an introduction to deep learning. Find powerful new insights in your data; discover machine learning with R.