Machine Learning for OpenCV 4 – Second Edition
- Paperback: 420 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 6, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789536308
- ISBN-13: 978-1789536300
Machine Learning for OpenCV 4, 2nd Edition: A practical guide to understanding the core machine learning and deep learning algorithms, and implementing them to create intelligent image processing systems using OpenCV 4
OpenCV is an opensource library for building computer vision apps. The latest release, OpenCV 4, offers a plethora of features and platform improvements that are covered comprehensively in this up-to-date second edition.
You’ll start by understanding the new features and setting up OpenCV 4 to build your computer vision applications. You will explore the fundamentals of machine learning and even learn to design different algorithms that can be used for image processing. Gradually, the book will take you through supervised and unsupervised machine learning. You will gain hands-on experience using scikit-learn in Python for a variety of machine learning applications. Later chapters will focus on different machine learning algorithms, such as a decision tree, support vector machines (SVM), and Bayesian learning, and how they can be used for object detection computer vision operations. You will then delve into deep learning and ensemble learning, and discover their real-world applications, such as handwritten digit classification and gesture recognition. Finally, you’ll get to grips with the latest Intel OpenVINO for building an image processing system.
- Understand the core machine learning concepts for image processing
- Explore the theory behind machine learning and deep learning algorithm design
- Discover effective techniques to train your deep learning models
- Evaluate machine learning models to improve the performance of your models
- Integrate algorithms such as support vector machines and Bayes classifier in your computer vision applications
- Use OpenVINO with OpenCV 4 to speed up model inference
By the end of this Machine Learning for OpenCV 4, Second Edition book, you will have developed the skills you need to use machine learning for building intelligent computer vision applications with OpenCV 4.