Learning Tableau 2019 – Third Edition
- Paperback: 504 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 27, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1788839528
- ISBN-13: 978-1788839525
Learning Tableau 2019, 3rd Edition: Create powerful data visualizations and unlock intelligent business insights with Tableau
Tableau is the gold standard of business intelligence and visual analytics tools in every industry. It enables rapid data visualization and interpretation with charts, graphs, dashboards, and much more. Updated with the latest features of Tableau, this book takes you from the foundations of the Tableau 2019 paradigm through to advanced topics.
Learning Tableau 2019, Third Edition of the bestselling guide by Tableau Zen Master, Joshua Milligan, will help you come to grips with updated features, such as set actions and transparent views. Beginning with installation, you’ll create your first visualizations with Tableau and then explore practical examples and advanced techniques. You’ll create bar charts, tree maps, scatterplots, time series, and a variety of other visualizations. Next, you’ll discover techniques to overcome challenges presented by data structure and quality and engage in effective data storytelling and decision making with business critical information. Finally, you’ll be introduced to Tableau Prep, and learn how to use it to integrate and shape data for analysis.
- Develop stunning visualizations that explain complexity with clarity
- Explore the exciting new features of Tableau Desktop and Tableau Prep
- Connect to various data sources to bring all your data together
- Uncover techniques to prep and structure your data for easy analysis
- Create and use calculations to solve problems and enrich analytics
- Master advanced topics such as sets, LOD calcs, and much more
- Enable smart decisions with clustering, distribution, and forecasting
- Share your data stories to build a culture of trust and action
By the end of this book, you will be equipped to leverage the powerful features of Tableau 2019 for decision making.