Learning Python Networking – Second Edition
- Paperback: 490 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 29, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789958091
- ISBN-13: 978-1789958096
Learning Python Networking, 2nd Edition: Take your networking skills to the next level by learning network programming concepts and algorithms using Python
Network programming has always been a demanding task. With full-featured and well-documented libraries all the way up the stack, Python makes network programming the enjoyable experience it should be.
Starting with a walk through of today’s major networking protocols, through this Learning Python Networking, Second Edition book, you’ll learn how to employ Python for network programming, how to request and retrieve web resources, and how to extract data in major formats over the web. You will utilize Python for emailing using different protocols, and you’ll interact with remote systems and IP and DNS networking. You will cover the connection of networking devices and configuration using Python 3.7, along with cloud-based network management tasks using Python.
What You Will Learn
- Execute Python modules on networking tools
- Automate tasks regarding the analysis and extraction of information from a network
- Get to grips with asynchronous programming modules available in Python
- Get to grips with IP address manipulation modules using Python programming
- Understand the main frameworks available in Python that are focused on web application
- Manipulate IP addresses and perform CIDR calculations
As the book progresses, socket programming will be covered, followed by how to design servers, and the pros and cons of multithreaded and event-driven architectures. You’ll develop practical clientside applications, including web API clients, email clients, SSH, and FTP. These applications will also be implemented through existing web application frameworks.