LaTeX Beginner’s Guide – Second Edition
- Paperback: 354 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (October 6, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1801078653
- ISBN-13: 978-1801078658
LaTeX Beginner’s Guide, 2nd Edition: Harness the power of LaTeX and its wide range of features to create professional-looking text, articles, and books with both online and offline capabilities of LaTeX
LaTeX is high-quality open source typesetting software that produces professional prints and PDF files. It’s a powerful and complex tool with a multitude of features, so getting started can be intimidating. However, once you become comfortable with LaTeX, its capabilities far outweigh any initial challenges, and this book will help you with just that!
The LaTeX Beginner’s Guide, Second Edition will make getting started with LaTeX easy. If you are writing mathematical, scientific, or business papers, or have a thesis to write, this is the perfect book for you. With the help of fully explained examples, this book offers a practical introduction to LaTeX with plenty of step-by-step examples that will help you achieve professional-level results in no time. You’ll learn to typeset documents containing tables, figures, formulas, and common book elements such as bibliographies, glossaries, and indexes, and go on to manage complex documents and use modern PDF features. You’ll also get to grips with using macros and styles to maintain a consistent document structure while saving typing work.
- Make the most of LaTeX’s powerful features to produce professionally designed texts
- Download, install, and set up LaTeX and use additional styles, templates, and tools
- Typeset math formulas and scientific expressions to the highest standards
- Understand how to include graphics and work with figures and tables
- Discover professional fonts and modern PDF features
- Work with book elements such as bibliographies, glossaries, and indexes
- Typeset documents containing tables, figures, and formulas
By the end of this LaTeX Beginner’s Guide, 2nd Edition book, you’ll have learned how to fine-tune text and page layout, create professional-looking tables, include figures, present complex mathematical formulas, manage complex documents, and benefit from modern PDF features.