Hands-On SAS for Data Analysis
- Paperback: 346 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 27, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 178883982X
- ISBN-13: 978-1788839822
Hands-On SAS for Data Analysis: Unleash the full potential of SAS to get unique, actionable insights from your data
SAS is one of the leading enterprise tools in the world today when it comes to data management and analysis. It allows for faster, easier processing of data and empowers you to get valuable business insights for effective decision-making.
This book will serve as an all-encompassing, comprehensive guide you can refer to while preparing for your SAS certification exam. After a quick walkthrough of the SAS architecture and components, the book teaches you the different approaches to import and read data from different sources using SAS. You will become familiar with SAS Base, 4GL programming language and SQL procedure – with comprehensive coverage of topics like data management and data analysis. You will then move on to learn more about macro programming and its advanced aspects.
- Explore different types of SAS modules and packages like SAS/STATS, SAS/Access and understand the value they bring
- Manipulate, sort and transform data using SAS 4GL and other appropriate functions
- Discover commonly used functions, their goals, parameters and what’s important: when and how to get the most of these functions
- Define your own macro and understand how to share the data that come from PROC SQL and data step
- Prepare sample geographic maps with annotations – entirely from the code
- Understand end-to-end preparation and implementation of the robust report using SAS ODS (Output Delivery System)
By the end of this Hands-On SAS for Data Analysis book, you will become a thorough expert in SAS programming and be able to handle and manage your data-related problems in SAS with ease.