Hands-On Reactive Programming with Clojure – Second Edition
- Paperback: 298 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (January 25, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789346134
- ISBN-13: 978-1789346138
Hands-On Reactive Programming with Clojure, 2nd Edition: Learn how to use RxClojure to deal with stateful computations
Reactive Programming is central to many concurrent systems, and can help make the process of developing highly concurrent, event-driven, and asynchronous applications simpler and less error-prone.
This book will allow you to explore Reactive Programming in Clojure 1.9 and help you get to grips with some of its new features such as transducers, reader conditionals, additional string functions, direct linking, and socket servers. Hands-On Reactive Programming with Clojure starts by introducing you to Functional Reactive Programming (FRP) and its formulations, as well as showing you how it inspired Compositional Event Systems (CES). It then guides you in understanding Reactive Programming as well as learning how to develop your ability to work with time-varying values thanks to examples of reactive applications implemented in different frameworks. You’ll also gain insight into some interesting Reactive design patterns such as the simple component, circuit breaker, request-response, and multiple-master replication. Finally, the book introduces microservices-based architecture in Clojure and closes with examples of unit testing frameworks.
- Understand how to think in terms of time-varying values and event streams
- Create, compose, and transform observable sequences using Reactive extensions
- Build a CES framework from scratch using core.async as its foundation
- Develop a simple ClojureScript game using Reagi
- Integrate Om and RxJS in a web application
- Implement a reactive API in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Discover helpful approaches to backpressure and error handling
- Get to grips with futures and their applications
By the end of the Hands-On Reactive Programming with Clojure, Second Edition book, you will have gained all the knowledge you need to create applications using different Reactive Programming approaches.