Hands-On High Performance with Go
- Paperback: 406 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 24, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789805783
- ISBN-13: 978-1789805789
Hands-On High Performance with Go: Proven methodologies and concurrency techniques that will help you write faster and better code with Go programming
Go is an easy-to-write language that is popular among developers thanks to its features such as concurrency, portability, and ability to reduce complexity. This Golang book will teach you how to construct idiomatic Go code that is reusable and highly performant.
Starting with an introduction to performance concepts, you’ll understand the ideology behind Go’s performance. You’ll then learn how to effectively implement Go data structures and algorithms along with exploring data manipulation and organization to write programs for scalable software. This Hands-On High Performance with Go book covers channels and goroutines for parallelism and concurrency to write high-performance code for distributed systems. As you advance, you’ll learn how to manage memory effectively. You’ll explore the compute unified device architecture (CUDA) application programming interface (API), use containers to build Go code, and work with the Go build cache for quicker compilation. You’ll also get to grips with profiling and tracing Go code for detecting bottlenecks in your system. Finally, you’ll evaluate clusters and job queues for performance optimization and monitor the application for performance regression.
- Organize and manipulate data effectively with clusters and job queues
- Explore commonly applied Go data structures and algorithms
- Write anonymous functions in Go to build reusable apps
- Profile and trace Go apps to reduce bottlenecks and improve efficiency
- Deploy, monitor, and iterate Go programs with a focus on performance
- Dive into memory management and CPU and GPU parallelism in Go
By the end of this Go programming book, you’ll be able to improve existing code and fulfill customer requirements by writing efficient programs.