Cassandra: The Definitive Guide, 3rd Edition
- Paperback: 428 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 3rd edition (April 21, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1098115163
- ISBN-13: 978-1098115166
Cassandra: The Definitive Guide: Distributed Data at Web Scale, 3rd Edition
Imagine what you could do if scalability wasn’t a problem. With this hands-on guide, you’ll learn how the Cassandra database management system handles hundreds of terabytes of data while remaining highly available across multiple data centers. This Cassandra: The Definitive Guide, 3rd Edition – updated for Cassandra 4.0 – provides the technical details and practical examples you need to put this database to work in a production environment.
- Understand Cassandra’s distributed and decentralized structure
- Use the Cassandra Query Language (CQL) and cqlsh – the CQL shell
- Create a working data model and compare it with an equivalent relational model
- Develop sample applications using client drivers for languages including Java, Python, and Node.js
- Explore cluster topology and learn how nodes exchange data
Authors Jeff Carpenter and Eben Hewitt demonstrate the advantages of Cassandra’s nonrelational design, with special attention to data modeling. If you’re a developer, DBA, or application architect looking to solve a database scaling issue or future-proof your application, this guide helps you harness Cassandra’s speed and flexibility.