C++ System Programming Cookbook
- Paperback: 292 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 21, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838646558
- ISBN-13: 978-1838646554
C++ System Programming Cookbook: A problem-solution-based guide to help you overcome hurdles effectively while working with kernel APIs, filesystems, networks, threads, and process communications
C++ is the preferred language for system programming due to its efficient low-level computation, data abstraction, and object-oriented features. System programming is about designing and writing computer programs that interact closely with the underlying operating system and allow computer hardware to interface with the programmer and the user. The C++ System Programming Cookbook will serve as a reference for developers who want to have ready-to-use solutions for the essential aspects of system programming using the latest C++ standards wherever possible.
This C++ book starts out by giving you an overview of system programming and refreshing your C++ knowledge. Moving ahead, you will learn how to deal with threads and processes, before going on to discover recipes for how to manage memory. The concluding chapters will then help you understand how processes communicate and how to interact with the console (console I/O). Finally, you will learn how to deal with time interfaces, signals, and CPU scheduling.
- Get up to speed with the fundamentals including makefile, man pages, compilation, and linking and debugging
- Understand how to deal with time interfaces, signals, and CPU scheduling
- Develop your knowledge of memory management
- Use processes and threads for advanced synchronizations (mutexes and condition variables)
- Understand interprocess communications (IPC): pipes, FIFOs, message queues, shared memory, and TCP and UDP
- Discover how to interact with the console (console I/O)
By the end of the C++ System Programming Cookbook book, you will become adept at developing robust systems applications using C++.