Building Machine Learning Powered Applications
- Paperback: 260 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (February 11, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 149204511X
- ISBN-13: 978-1492045113
Building Machine Learning Powered Applications: Going from Idea to Product
Learn the skills necessary to design, build, and deploy applications powered by machine learning (ML). Through the course of this hands-on book, you’ll build an example ML-driven application from initial idea to deployed product. Data scientists, software engineers, and product managers – including experienced practitioners and novices alike – will learn the tools, best practices, and challenges involved in building a real-world ML application step by step.
This Building Machine Learning Powered Applications book will help you:
- Define your product goal and set up a machine learning problem
- Build your first end-to-end pipeline quickly and acquire an initial dataset
- Train and evaluate your ML models and address performance bottlenecks
- Deploy and monitor your models in a production environment
Author Emmanuel Ameisen, an experienced data scientist who led an AI education program, demonstrates practical ML concepts using code snippets, illustrations, screenshots, and interviews with industry leaders. Part I teaches you how to plan an ML application and measure success. Part II explains how to build a working ML model. Part III demonstrates ways to improve the model until it fulfills your original vision. Part IV covers deployment and monitoring strategies.