Beginning Entity Framework Core 5
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 31, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484268814
- ISBN-13: 978-1484268810
Beginning Entity Framework Core 5: From Novice to Professional
Use the code-driven approach of Entity Framework Core 5 to build a functional web application that accesses a database on the backend server. This book covers the common use cases of Entity Framework that a developer needs to master in order to begin building applications that run against a database. Throughout the book you will be shown how to use Entity Framework Core 5 by implementing a simple ASP.NET Core Razor Pages line-of-business application. This example application will be similar to those you might write yourself and deploy to your users on a web or intranet site via a browser.
What You Will Learn
- Download and install Entity Framework Core 5
- Perform create, read, update, and delete (CRUD) operations
- Create and seed a database with example data using Entity Framework Core 5
- Incrementally add new database functionality through Entity Framework Core 5 migrations
- Recognize when to take advantage of new features introduced in Entity Framework Core 5
- Deliver line-of-business applications using ASP.NET Core that run in a browser
This Beginning Entity Framework Core 5 book takes a code-first approach in which your database will be created and seeded programmatically. You won’t need to create the database through your database engine’s interface. Instead, you will be shown how to define your data model in Entity Framework, and then let Entity Framework do the work of creating your database and schema for you. From there you will learn how to seed your database with example data, then to implement the common, so-called CRUD operations consisting of creating, retrieving, updating, and deleting rows of data. By the end of the book you will have built a well-designed application that you can use as the basis for future applications that you create in your job.